Organic Farm Holidays
Timber Farms, the Sinks is located on a 2,500 acre preserve along Sinking Creek in the heart of the Ozark Big Springs Region. The forest is managed under the Stewardship Incentive Plan as implemented by the Missouri Department of Conservation. The family farm has several vacation houses for rent along with an area ideal for nature groups seeking exclusive and secluded accommodations.
Come enjoy the rustic store, cabins & camping facilities at “The Sinks”, where Sinking Creek takes a 300 foot detour through a limestone bluff creating one of the geological wonders of Missouri as well as a wonderful natural swimming hole. Accommodations include restrooms, showers, summer kitchen, hiking, creek & lake fishing.
Vacation House Rentals
Located on the edge of a spring-fed lake along Sinking Creek, Willow House features 2 bedrooms and and additional 2 foldout beds. This charming stone house is completely furnished, has a working stone fireplace, central heating and A/C and a full-length deck overlooking the lake. Available by the week or by the weekend throughout the year.
Tours and Workshops
A tour of the outdoor, organically certified Shiitake Mushroom Farm is available for groups of 12-30 people in season with advance notice. Mushroom cultivation workshops are also available for groups during the spring and fall inoculation season. For availability, pricing & reservations on any of the above, please call 314-531-9935 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Visitors include:
Nearby attractions and activities include:
- Missouri Mycological Society
- Mississippi Valley Ozark Region Speleological Group
- Family Reunions & other interest groups
- Canoeing on the Current, Jacks Fork & Eleven Point Rivers
- Eminence, Missouri, Shannon County seat and quaint floating headquarters for the Ozark Big Springs Region. Features bluegrass music, trail rides and rodeos.
- Natural attractions include: Round Springs, Pulltite Springs, Devil’s Well, Welch Springs and many others.